Thursday, July 23, 2009

gypsy style and my latest obsession


these are the same 4 colors just on opposite walls- the previous renters (or perhaps the owners, we aren't sure) painted just one wall a hideous brown- and it is made worse by the remaining walls sterile white.......horrible. It is amazing to me how the colors look so different on the 2 walls. This is my latest obsession- what colors to paint the walls- for right now, I'm only worried about our bedroom and bath- we just bought new bedding and I'm in the mood for "different"....the top right is behr blue fox and I think that is what we will go with- the bottom brown is behr fall mood and that is my comfort zone- but I think I'll step out for a bit and try on something new.
gypsy style is another name I almost used for this blog- that is the thing with moving every 3 years- nothing (and I mean NOTHING!) is permenant. It is ridiculous to spend a lot of money on window treatments- because they will not fit in the next house- or sure enough you will not have enough panels and the fabric will be discontinued.....story of my life! I like to repurpose items or refinish previously loved items to create the look I'm going for.......after the bedroom makeover I will promptly move into our entryway and then into the kids bedrooms.......EK just got a new bedroom set before we moved so we'll just be painting her room the lightest pink we can find....the boys need total overhauls though- one is asking for a buffalo bills football room (dad's obsession!) and the other wants his room to look like a dorm at hogwarts (this will be a bit trickier as I have a firm no characters rule when decorating).......pictures to come as work begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment